A root in the Qenya Lexicon of the 1910s glossed “burn; be parched, yellow, warm” with derivatives having to do with warmth, sunlight and summer (QL/33; GL/20). For the purposes of Neo-Eldarin, it is probably better to use later roots like √UR “heat” or √AS “warmth”.
root. burn; be parched, yellow, warm
AẆA→ AWA ✧ QL/033
- AẆA ✧ QL/033 (
- Eq. ausie “wealth” ✧ LT2A/Ausir; QL/033
- Eq. ausi- “well” ✧ QL/033
- Eq. aute “goods, property, wealth, money” ✧ LT2A/Ausir; QL/033
- Eq. aute “rich” ✧ LT2A/Ausir; QL/033
- Eq. Auvar “Wealth” ✧ QL/033
avarna“very rich” ✧ QL/033
- G. avos “wealth, fortune, prosperity; luck” ✧ LT2A/Ausir
- En. awes “rich”
- AWA ✧ LT2A/Ausir
A hypothetical root explaining words in the Gnomish Lexicon such as ᴱQ. fáwe/G. fô “snow” and ᴱQ. fauta-/G. fôtha- “to snow” (GL/35). Given the existence of ᴱ√FAWA “smell”, I theorize this root may be slightly different, perhaps ?ᴱ√ǶAWA, but that’s just a guess. There are no signs of this root in Tolkien’s later writing.