Well met! You have found an elvish book, Parf Edhellen, dedicated to the fictional languages in Tolkien's legendarium.
About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 113206 words, 44178 active glosses and 66 phrases. The community has posted 2964 comments, finished 124662 flashcards and given 920 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Parf Edhellen is and has been open source since its inception 12 years ago. It is developed and maintained by Leonard (@parmaeldo). If you are a developer, you can follow the project on Github.
Gloss of the hour
noun. head, head, [ᴱQ.] top, summit
- kára ✧ PE17/188
- kas ✧ PE19/103; VT49/17
Development Stages Sources ✶kāza > kára [kāsa] > [kāza] > [kāra] ✧ PE17/188
Phrase of the day
Uglúk u bagronk sha pushdug Saruman-glob búbhosh skai
One of the few examples of the horrid Black Speech.
The 10 most recent activities.
- Aldaleon posted in Contribution “Lament of Akallabêth” by Feanéno Elearen.
- Aldaleon changed the gloss éowyn.
- Aldaleon changed the gloss éomer.
- Aldaleon changed the gloss gríma.
- Aldaleon changed the gloss théoden.
- Aldaleon posted in Patch notes.
- Gwilithiel posted in Elvish name for a rain goddess.
- Ambarkas posted in Elvish name for a rain goddess.
- Nauro posted in Sindarin name help.
- Seregrían posted in Account “Aldaleon”.