Well met! You have found an elvish book, Parf Edhellen, dedicated to the fictional languages in Tolkien's legendarium.
About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 96722 words, 47092 active glosses and 59 phrases. The community has posted 1762 comments, finished 73398 flashcards and given 490 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Gloss of the hour
Phrase of the day
⸱ ⸱ ⸱ ⸱ ⸱ ⸱ ⸱ ⸱ :
Sanomë tarnë Olórin, Aracorno, Eomer, Imrahil, mi mísë, mi telepta yo morna, mi laiqua yo ninquë, mi luinë, ta Gimli mi lossëa.
Tolkien demonstrating how to use three different forms of ‘and’.
The 10 most recent activities.
- 2021-05-06T13:34:03+00:00 Grizzly7x7 completed 10 flashcards.
- 2021-05-05T19:23:22+00:00 Thorondor (ERE) wrote a comment in Gloss 'Eglarim' by Imported.
- 2021-05-05T19:21:11+00:00 Thorondor (ERE) wrote a comment in Gloss 'Eglarim' by Imported.
- 2021-05-05T16:52:29+00:00 Aldaleon modified a comment in Patch notes.
- 2021-05-05T16:51:47+00:00 Aldaleon wrote a comment in Patch notes.
- 2021-05-05T16:50:20+00:00 Aldaleon wrote a comment in Gloss 'Eglarim' by Imported.
- 2021-05-05T06:25:25+00:00 River liked a comment in Suggestions for translation?.
- 2021-05-04T17:55:03+00:00 Anwion Morduin modified a comment in Compound Nouns.
- 2021-05-04T17:20:30+00:00 Anwion Morduin wrote a comment in Compound Nouns.
- 2021-05-04T14:36:54+00:00 Thorondor (ERE) wrote a comment in Gloss 'Eglarim' by Imported.