About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 108589 words, 43987 active glosses and 61 phrases. The community has posted 2447 comments, finished 99656 flashcards and given 762 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Gloss of the hour
verb. to abound
- lauta ✧ PE22/103
- ᴹ√LAW “warm; abound” ✧ PE22/103
- ᴹQ. malta launen “gold abounded to me, I had lots of gold” ✧ PE22/103
Development Stages Sources ᴹ√LAW > lauta [lauta-] ✧ PE22/103
Word Form Gloss Source laune past - ✧ PE22/103 alaunie perfect - ✧ PE22/103 launen past with-1st-sg-object “abounded to me, I had lots of ...” ✧ PE22/103
Phrase of the day
agarfant beth avo garo aran cîr lim gurth an Glamhoth guren bêd enni i arben na megil Mîr n’Ardhon ón annin penim vast Seron Aearon i mbair en Ndengin inn dha v’im nidhin mened tolen cared
Some random short phrases and names found in Tolkien's works.
The 10 most recent activities.
- Elenath·ERUHIR completed their first flashcard.
- Argon completed their first flashcard.
- Christopher Oconnell completed their first flashcard.
- Elenath·ERUHIR changed their avatar.
- Elenath·ERUHIR changed their profile.
- Christopher Oconnell changed their profile.
- Christopher Oconnell changed their avatar.
- Argon changed their profile.
- Culuinárë changed their profile.
- Culuinárë changed their avatar.