Well met! You have found an elvish book, Parf Edhellen, dedicated to the fictional languages in Tolkien's legendarium.
About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 96722 words, 47092 active glosses and 59 phrases. The community has posted 1750 comments, finished 72488 flashcards and given 486 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Gloss of the hour
Phrase of the day
Lá karitas alasaila ké nauva.
Cé is used where the hypothetical is 'unreal' in the sense that it is the opposite of what the speaker is advising.
The 10 most recent activities.
- 2021-04-16T16:55:24+00:00 Hannah Rodriguez completed 100 flashcards.
- 2021-04-16T09:32:52+00:00 Elo Felner wrote a comment in Tengwar numerals.
- 2021-04-16T09:24:35+00:00 Karl Nybom wrote a comment in Tengwar and Cirth alphabet..
- 2021-04-16T01:36:29+00:00 Elrandír changed their profile.
- 2021-04-15T02:44:23+00:00 Patrick Ohotnicky completed their first flashcard.
- 2021-04-14T04:59:34+00:00 Círdan Toro León completed their first flashcard.
- 2021-04-14T04:58:39+00:00 Círdan Toro León changed their profile.
- 2021-04-13T21:49:30+00:00 shaijp38 changed their profile.
- 2021-04-13T21:30:11+00:00 Bourbon changed their avatar.
- 2021-04-13T21:25:38+00:00 queer fairy changed their profile.