Well met! You have found an elvish book, Parf Edhellen, dedicated to the fictional languages in Tolkien's legendarium.
About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 82596 words, 45903 active glosses and 56 phrases. The community has posted 1193 comments, finished 43842 flashcards and given 328 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Gloss of the hour
Phrase of the day
A Elbereth Gilthoniel o menel palan-diriel, le nallon sí di-nguruthos! A tiro nin, Fanuilos!
The "second verse" of A Elbereth Gilthoniel by Samwise Gamgee.
The 10 most recent activities.
- 2020-02-21T01:33:22+00:00 Stroopwafel completed their first flashcard.
- 2020-02-20T21:39:19+00:00 Damien Cowl modified a comment in The Little House of Lost Play: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva (translation help).
- 2020-02-20T21:24:04+00:00 Damien Cowl wrote a comment in The Little House of Lost Play: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva (translation help).
- 2020-02-20T15:15:30+00:00 omikranay changed their avatar.
- 2020-02-20T14:43:17+00:00 omikranay completed 10 flashcards.
- 2020-02-20T14:36:50+00:00 omikranay completed their first flashcard.
- 2020-02-20T00:02:55+00:00 Glingron wrote a comment in Translation of unit names.
- 2020-02-19T16:10:11+00:00 CharCharPlayz completed 10 flashcards.
- 2020-02-19T16:08:37+00:00 CharCharPlayz completed their first flashcard.
- 2020-02-19T16:02:27+00:00 Ithiriel completed their first flashcard.