About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 104431 words, 51017 active glosses and 61 phrases. The community has posted 2190 comments, finished 93774 flashcards and given 700 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Gloss of the hour
Phrase of the day
Uglúk u bagronk sha pushdug Saruman-glob búbhosh skai
One of the few examples of the horrid Black Speech.
The 10 most recent activities.
- Ambarkas completed 10 flashcards.
- Ambarkas completed their first flashcard.
- Char changed their profile.
- Charlie changed their profile.
- Ambarkas posted in Account “Ambarkas”.
- Ambarkas changed their profile.
- Ollorin Máma (aka Clint) liked a post in Native Language Resources.
- Turin Turambar posted in Name translations.
- Eryellin changed their profile.
- Galadriel Tinúviel changed a post in Native Language Resources.