Well met! You have found an elvish book, Parf Edhellen, dedicated to the fictional languages in Tolkien's legendarium.
About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 82601 words, 45905 active glosses and 59 phrases. The community has posted 1482 comments, finished 57879 flashcards and given 408 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Gloss of the hour
yukroot. employ, use
Phrase of the day
Enno onna enno enne.
Funny word play by Tamas, who refers to the phrase as a "Middle-Earth saying."
The 10 most recent activities.
- 2020-09-21T23:08:30+00:00 Röandil wrote a comment in Phrase tense and lenition help.
- 2020-09-21T14:13:27+00:00 Miuccia Kammerer completed 100 flashcards.
- 2020-09-21T14:06:49+00:00 Miuccia Kammerer completed 50 flashcards.
- 2020-09-21T14:01:25+00:00 Miuccia Kammerer completed 10 flashcards.
- 2020-09-21T13:59:57+00:00 Miuccia Kammerer completed their first flashcard.
- 2020-09-19T21:24:43+00:00 Becca Ingram-Bryant wrote a comment in Phrase tense and lenition help.
- 2020-09-17T15:49:09+00:00 Idhrenel completed 10 flashcards.
- 2020-09-17T15:47:48+00:00 Idhrenel completed their first flashcard.
- 2020-09-17T02:02:30+00:00 Frank DiGirl completed their first flashcard.
- 2020-09-16T16:47:17+00:00 The DM changed their avatar.