Well met! You have found an elvish book, Parf Edhellen, dedicated to the fictional languages in Tolkien's legendarium.
About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 82600 words, 45905 active glosses and 59 phrases. The community has posted 1330 comments, finished 50836 flashcards and given 368 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Gloss of the hour
léofamasculine name. léofa
Phrase of the day
Savin Elessar ar i náne aran Ondóreo. Savin Elesarno quetie.
An example how to express belief in statements, reports, traditions, etc.
The 10 most recent activities.
- 2020-06-06T18:54:14+00:00 Aldaleon changed the phrase I believe in Aragorn.
- 2020-06-06T18:53:24+00:00 Aldaleon changed the phrase Path of the Moon.
- 2020-06-06T18:52:25+00:00 Aldaleon changed the phrase Ambidexters.
- 2020-06-06T18:50:51+00:00 Aldaleon changed the phrase Ortírielyanna (Sub Tuum Praesidium).
- 2020-06-06T17:33:38+00:00 Aldaleon changed the gloss lipta-.
- 2020-06-06T17:32:43+00:00 Aldaleon changed the gloss hérë.
- 2020-06-06T12:15:05+00:00 David CG completed their first flashcard.
- 2020-06-06T11:57:31+00:00 Anya completed 50 flashcards.
- 2020-06-06T06:04:32+00:00 Aldaleon wrote a comment in Patch notes.
- 2020-06-06T01:07:30+00:00 Alec McCready modified a comment in First Phrases.