Well met! You have found an elvish book, Parf Edhellen, dedicated to the fictional languages in Tolkien's legendarium.
About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 96722 words, 47093 active glosses and 59 phrases. The community has posted 1718 comments, finished 70636 flashcards and given 480 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Gloss of the hour
Phrase of the day
A more plausible alternative to a problematic yet often used Neo-Sindarin phrase.
The 10 most recent activities.
- 2021-02-27T05:00:57+00:00 Erulissë93 changed their profile.
- 2021-02-27T05:00:49+00:00 Erulissë93 changed their avatar.
- 2021-02-27T04:59:15+00:00 Erulissë93 changed their profile.
- 2021-02-26T21:23:02+00:00 Katelyn Johnston completed their first flashcard.
- 2021-02-25T22:20:50+00:00 Christine completed 10 flashcards.
- 2021-02-25T22:18:29+00:00 Christine completed their first flashcard.
- 2021-02-25T22:17:32+00:00 Christine changed their profile.
- 2021-02-25T17:38:23+00:00 Tamas Ferencz wrote a comment in Questions about a cobbled-together name, “ Tarwëndil”.
- 2021-02-25T16:08:41+00:00 Röandil modified a comment in Questions about a cobbled-together name, “ Tarwëndil”.
- 2021-02-25T16:06:24+00:00 Röandil wrote a comment in Questions about a cobbled-together name, “ Tarwëndil”.