Well met! You have found an elvish book, Parf Edhellen, dedicated to the fictional languages in Tolkien's legendarium.
About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 76085 words, 42200 active glosses and 56 phrases. The community has posted 1014 comments, finished 36325 flashcards and given 296 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Gloss of the hour
glintha-verb. to glance at
Phrase of the day
t#5$5 jEw$ zR2%`N5 `CdhÍE5$ À
Manen lambë Quendion ahyanë?
"How did the language of Elves change?" Ælfwine of England's question to the sage and linguist Pengoloð during his stay on Tol Eressëa.
The 10 most recent activities.
- 2019-10-14T19:25:12+00:00 Jasmine Liu completed 200 flashcards.
- 2019-10-14T19:19:55+00:00 Elbrethil wrote a comment in Account “Aldaleon”.
- 2019-10-14T19:06:46+00:00 Elbrethil changed their avatar.
- 2019-10-14T19:06:02+00:00 Elbrethil changed their profile.
- 2019-10-14T19:06:01+00:00 Elbrethil changed their avatar.
- 2019-10-14T19:01:30+00:00 Elbrethil logged in for the first time.
- 2019-10-14T16:11:23+00:00 Erudessa Saerwen completed 10 flashcards.
- 2019-10-14T16:04:26+00:00 Michele Ceccarini wrote a comment in I need some help with a translation.
- 2019-10-14T16:02:24+00:00 Erudessa Saerwen completed their first flashcard.
- 2019-10-14T15:20:27+00:00 Elaran wrote a comment in I need some help with a translation.