Well met! You have found an elvish book, Parf Edhellen, dedicated to the fictional languages in Tolkien's legendarium.
About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 96722 words, 47093 active glosses and 59 phrases. The community has posted 1528 comments, finished 62058 flashcards and given 418 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Gloss of the hour
Phrase of the day
⸱ ⸱ ⸱ ⸱ : ⸱ ⸱ :
Cormar nelde Eldatárin nu Tarmenel, Otso Herunaucoin hrótassen ondova, Nerte Fírimoin martaine nurunen, Er i More Herun mormahalmas hárala Morinóreva mí arda, már i fuinion. Er Corma ilyar turien ar tuvien te, Er Corma tucien ar mórisse nutien te Morinóreva mí arda, már i fuinion.
Findegil's translation of the notorious Ring verse. Findegil is the co-founder of the Mellonath Daeron, the language guild of the Forodrim, the Swedish Tolkien society.
The 10 most recent activities.
- 2020-10-28T15:57:34+00:00 Miuccia Kammerer wrote a comment in Learning Sindarin.
- 2020-10-27T22:26:43+00:00 Tiger changed their avatar.
- 2020-10-27T22:26:24+00:00 Tiger changed their profile.
- 2020-10-27T22:26:06+00:00 Tiger wrote a comment in "Have you no shame?" in Sindarin.
- 2020-10-27T17:56:31+00:00 Becca Ingram-Bryant wrote a comment in A word for "code" ?.
- 2020-10-26T22:23:23+00:00 Eruánna en Arnor changed their avatar.
- 2020-10-26T21:26:20+00:00 Eruánna en Arnor changed their profile.
- 2020-10-23T10:48:46+00:00 Raichi wrote a comment in Is there/can there please be a discord group for Elfdict?.
- 2020-10-23T10:46:48+00:00 Raichi liked a comment in Is there/can there please be a discord group for Elfdict?.
- 2020-10-23T04:09:29+00:00 Aldaleon changed the gloss melinyel.