About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 106188 words, 43977 active glosses and 61 phrases. The community has posted 2265 comments, finished 96431 flashcards and given 715 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Gloss of the hour
Phrase of the day
Hiro hyn hîdh ab 'wanath
Legolas’s exclamation of grief at the apparent passing of Merry and Pippin beside Fangorn forest. This phrase is from the movies and was not composed by Tolkien. Please read attached commentary.
The 10 most recent activities.
- David Wöhler completed their first flashcard.
- Filrion posted in Name translation.
- Filrion changed their profile.
- Ruilalwen (Galadriel Tinúviel) changed their avatar.
- Gilruin changed a post in Elvish from Amazon’s Rings of Power.
- Koi liked a post in sindarin translation.
- Koi posted in sindarin translation.
- Shadow Fax posted in ACCURATE WORD IN SINDARIN OR QUENYA FOR: COURAGE.
- Shadow Fax posted in Account “Shadow Fax”.
- Shadow Fax liked a post in ACCURATE WORD IN SINDARIN OR QUENYA FOR: COURAGE.