Well met! You have found an elvish book, Parf Edhellen, dedicated to the fictional languages in Tolkien's legendarium.
About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 102123 words, 43821 active glosses and 60 phrases. The community has posted 1955 comments, finished 85902 flashcards and given 577 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Gloss of the hour
Fingonnoun. Sindarized form of Q
Phrase of the day
Lacho calad! Drego morn!
Flame light! Flee darkness!
The 10 most recent activities.
- Aldaleon changed the phrase Light thickens. 2022-01-28T00:19:13+00:00
- Aldaleon changed the phrase The Riddle of Strider. 2022-01-27T23:58:44+00:00
- Aldaleon changed the phrase Na-vaer!. 2022-01-27T23:48:36+00:00
- Aldaleon changed the phrase An Elvish hymn to Varda. 2022-01-27T23:01:13+00:00
- Ollorin Máma (aka Clint) liked a post in Eldamo 0.8.1 is released. 2022-01-27T20:09:48+00:00
- Marcos A. Medina completed 50 flashcards. 2022-01-27T16:16:48+00:00
- Marcos A. Medina completed 10 flashcards. 2022-01-27T15:24:26+00:00
- Marcos A. Medina completed their first flashcard. 2022-01-27T15:12:44+00:00
- Quelyar 17 changed their profile. 2022-01-27T12:26:02+00:00
- Anira Greenleaf changed their avatar. 2022-01-27T11:38:22+00:00