Well met! You have found an elvish book, Parf Edhellen, dedicated to the fictional languages in Tolkien's legendarium.
About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 76078 words, 42196 active glosses and 55 phrases. The community has posted 637 comments, finished 25686 flashcards and given 169 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Gloss of the hour
Phrase of the day
~N55$ `BiR1j$ 2$hE5 = ~Mcw$5% iR1j$ 5#t% -
Ónen i-Estel Edain, ú-chebin estel anim.
The only known example of a linnod, a certain type of Sindarin poetry.
The 10 most recent activities.
- 2018-12-18T02:32:55+00:00 Danielle Salomon logged in for the first time.
- 2018-12-17T14:23:53+00:00 Eldar Elrador logged in for the first time.
- 2018-12-17T10:45:08+00:00 Tom Bombadil wrote a comment in Gloss “-(r)il” by Eldamo Import.
- 2018-12-16T10:58:33+00:00 Amber Barfield completed their first flashcard.
- 2018-12-16T10:56:30+00:00 Amber Barfield logged in for the first time.
- 2018-12-16T09:14:59+00:00 Olivia changed their profile.
- 2018-12-16T09:14:59+00:00 Olivia changed their avatar.
- 2018-12-16T09:11:55+00:00 Olivia logged in for the first time.
- 2018-12-16T00:02:29+00:00 Arthvr Pendragon wrote a comment in Is Lárëawen a viable female name in Quenya?.
- 2018-12-15T23:59:06+00:00 Arthvr Pendragon logged in for the first time.