Well met! You have found an elvish book, Parf Edhellen, dedicated to the fictional languages in Tolkien's legendarium.
About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 82596 words, 45903 active glosses and 56 phrases. The community has posted 1173 comments, finished 42530 flashcards and given 323 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Gloss of the hour
rúatanproper name. Wose, (lit.) Wose-man
Phrase of the day
Ortírielyanna rucimmë, Aina Eruontari Alalyë nattira arcandemmar sangiessemman Ono alyë eterúna me illumë ilya raxellor Alcarin Vendë ar manaquenta
Tolkien’s translation of the Sub Tuum Praesidium prayer into Quenya.
The 10 most recent activities.
- 2020-01-22T22:41:08+00:00 J Gwalunir completed their first flashcard.
- 2020-01-22T21:56:23+00:00 Elaran modified a comment in Laito for a logo.
- 2020-01-22T21:53:13+00:00 Elaran wrote a comment in Laito for a logo.
- 2020-01-22T21:47:19+00:00 Shannon Heesacker McClain wrote a comment in Laito for a logo.
- 2020-01-22T18:06:55+00:00 Joshua Murray completed their first flashcard.
- 2020-01-22T17:46:26+00:00 Savannah Slegers changed their profile.
- 2020-01-22T17:44:25+00:00 Elaran wrote a comment in Laito for a logo.
- 2020-01-22T14:12:53+00:00 Helleoyavie completed their first flashcard.
- 2020-01-22T09:55:55+00:00 Shannon Heesacker McClain wrote a comment in Laito for a logo.
- 2020-01-22T08:15:29+00:00 Elaran wrote a comment in Laito for a logo.