Well met! You have found an elvish book, Parf Edhellen, dedicated to the fictional languages in Tolkien's legendarium.
About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 76076 words, 42195 active glosses and 55 phrases. The community has posted 517 comments, finished 18272 flashcards and given 138 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Gloss of the hour
Phrase of the day
な~C aD7T1E8 `Cな#8lEj# a~V 5.DyE -
Lá karitas alasaila ké nauva.
Cé is used where the hypothetical is 'unreal' in the sense that it is the opposite of what the speaker is advising.
The 10 most recent activities.
- 2018-10-17T14:59:00+00:00 Meghan Minniear 1 completed 50 flashcards.
- 2018-10-17T14:34:35+00:00 Meghan Minniear 1 completed 10 flashcards.
- 2018-10-17T14:30:36+00:00 Meghan Minniear 1 completed their first flashcard.
- 2018-10-17T14:27:16+00:00 Meghan Minniear 1 logged in for the first time.
- 2018-10-17T14:03:01+00:00 Sami Paldanius modified a comment in Serve (Quenya).
- 2018-10-17T14:02:10+00:00 Kayra Wacken wrote a comment in Custom Ring Verse (Marriage proposal).
- 2018-10-17T14:01:49+00:00 Sami Paldanius wrote a comment in Serve (Quenya).
- 2018-10-17T13:21:31+00:00 Kayra Wacken logged in for the first time.
- 2018-10-17T12:22:12+00:00 Tamas Ferencz wrote a comment in Serve (Quenya).
- 2018-10-17T10:15:34+00:00 Tom Bombadil modified a comment in Serve (Quenya).