Well met! You have found an elvish book, Parf Edhellen, dedicated to the fictional languages in Tolkien's legendarium.
About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 82601 words, 45905 active glosses and 59 phrases. The community has posted 1433 comments, finished 53030 flashcards and given 399 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Gloss of the hour
lahta-pass over, cross, surpass, excel
Phrase of the day
⸱ ⸱ : ⸱ :
Nosto i-Aear, lass laeg, Legolas! Dorthannel anan nu 'aladh vi 'lass. Ae lastol i-nall e-maew 'ri falas, Gúrel ló-chiratha hîdh vi thaur dass.
Galadriel's warning to Legolas, delivered by Gandalf in Fangorn. Translated to Sindarin by Elaran.
The 10 most recent activities.
- 2020-08-04T21:16:49+00:00 Valfias changed their profile.
- 2020-08-03T21:07:57+00:00 Röandil wrote a comment in Help me.
- 2020-08-03T20:17:33+00:00 Dani kizzzzzzzz wrote a comment in Help me.
- 2020-08-03T15:33:48+00:00 Alex changed their profile.
- 2020-08-03T15:05:29+00:00 Röandil wrote a comment in Help me.
- 2020-08-02T21:14:58+00:00 Aldaleon wrote a comment in Farewell to "Mr. Bilbo".
- 2020-08-02T15:17:59+00:00 Steve Skipworth wrote a comment in Help with translation.
- 2020-08-02T07:46:51+00:00 Anya Sennairiel wrote a comment in Phrase “The Last Ark” by Aldaleon.
- 2020-08-01T21:29:32+00:00 Dani kizzzzzzzz changed their profile.
- 2020-08-01T21:28:27+00:00 Dani kizzzzzzzz modified a comment in Help me.