Well met! You have found an elvish book, Parf Edhellen, dedicated to the fictional languages in Tolkien's legendarium.
About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 82600 words, 45905 active glosses and 59 phrases. The community has posted 1368 comments, finished 51667 flashcards and given 377 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Gloss of the hour
syadsēnoun. cleft, gash
Phrase of the day
Hiro hyn hîdh ab 'wanath
Legolas’s exclamation of grief at the apparent passing of Merry and Pippin beside Fangorn forest. This phrase is from the movies and was not composed by Tolkien. Please read attached commentary.
The 10 most recent activities.
- 2020-07-06T04:51:13+00:00 Tuilinn completed 200 flashcards.
- 2020-07-06T04:15:55+00:00 Tuilinn completed 100 flashcards.
- 2020-07-05T23:15:49+00:00 Fiddle liked a comment in Phrase “How to Thank in Sindarin” by Elaran.
- 2020-07-05T21:37:13+00:00 Gerontius completed their first flashcard.
- 2020-07-05T21:35:17+00:00 Gerontius changed their profile.
- 2020-07-05T21:31:57+00:00 Gerontius changed their avatar.
- 2020-07-05T16:57:58+00:00 Plume changed their avatar.
- 2020-07-05T16:57:38+00:00 Plume changed their profile.
- 2020-07-05T16:57:25+00:00 Plume changed their avatar.
- 2020-07-05T04:33:26+00:00 Fiddle changed their profile.