Amon Hen

topon. Hill of Sight, (lit.) Hill of the Eye

A hill on the shore of Nen Hithoel, companion to Amon Lhaw. This name was usually translated “Hill of Sight” (LotR/393), but more literally meant “Hill of the Eye” (LotR/400, PE17/77). It is a combination of amon “hill” and hen “eye”.
Conceptual Development: In Lord of the Rings drafts, this hill was first named N. Tirmindon “*Watch Tower” (TI/364), but was soon changed to ᴹQ. Amon Hen(n) (TI/364, WR/128).

[LotR/0393.4012, LotR/0400.2203, LotRI/Amon Hen.001, LotRI/Hill of the Eye.008, PE17/077.1502] Group: Eldamo. Published by

Black Speech, Nandorin, Noldorin, Quendya, Quenya, Sindarin, Telerin are languages conceived by Tolkien and they do not belong to us; we neither can nor do claim affiliation with Middle-earth Enterprises nor Tolkien Estate.