Well met! You have found an elvish book, Parf Edhellen, dedicated to the fictional languages in Tolkien's legendarium.
About the website
This website is dedicated to Tolkien's languages, with an emphasis on the elvish languages of his legendarium. Our dictionary consists of imported glosses from a variety of quality dictionaries, categorised and searchable by sense, conjugation and more. You can read more on our about page.
The dictionary contains 82596 words, 45903 active glosses and 56 phrases. The community has posted 1207 comments, finished 43951 flashcards and given 328 thanks. You can access more statistics by going to Contributors.
Gloss of the hour
asëa aranionnoun. asëa of the Kings, kingsfoil, kingsfoil, asëa of the Kings
Phrase of the day
á ricë amrícië! á carë (sí) ancárië! á cenë ancénië! á lirë amlírië! á menë amménië! á norë amnórië! á tirë antírië!
Plotz wanted to know how to express "try harder!" in Quenya. Tolkien demurred, and certainly gave it some thought!
The 10 most recent activities.
- 2020-02-25T01:28:53+00:00 Aldaleon modified a comment in Tattoo Phrase Translation confirmation.
- 2020-02-25T01:28:37+00:00 Aldaleon wrote a comment in Tattoo Phrase Translation confirmation.
- 2020-02-24T12:54:21+00:00 Erika McGonigal completed their first flashcard.
- 2020-02-24T12:07:35+00:00 A Nonymous wrote a comment in Tattoo Phrase Translation confirmation.
- 2020-02-24T09:26:19+00:00 Tamas Ferencz wrote a comment in Phrase “Asking for the impossible” by Tamas Ferencz.
- 2020-02-24T09:16:02+00:00 Liza Josefine De Bruijn completed 50 flashcards.
- 2020-02-24T09:13:31+00:00 Damien Cowl wrote a comment in Phrase “Asking for the impossible” by Tamas Ferencz.
- 2020-02-24T09:09:10+00:00 Liza Josefine De Bruijn completed 10 flashcards.
- 2020-02-24T09:08:07+00:00 Liza Josefine De Bruijn completed their first flashcard.
- 2020-02-24T01:47:58+00:00 Aldaleon wrote a comment in Maybe Neologisms need to be marked more clearly.